Finding the Problems
A SQL Server health check looks at all aspects of your SQL Server environment in terms of best practices in the areas of Performance, Configuration, Security, Disaster Recovery and the ability of your environment to scale to projected future loads. With each SQL Server Health Check we provide a detailed report of our findings.
“We had SQL Consulting come in via VPN to check out issues we were having with our main SQL Server. After 4 hours of work, we have seen a huge increase in speed and overall CPU Performance.
The consultant was available to walk us through everything he did, gave us a spreadsheet detailing bad queries, code, and performance killers. He prescribed some indexing of tables, did the work, and sent us a report summarizing his work and recommendations.
For the price, best money we have spent in quite a while.”
“Thanks so much, the health check on our SQL server was exactly what we were looking for. The health check report gives us an incredible amount of really useful information. Now we can make well-informed decisions on where we go from here with our SQL setup”.
Fixing the Problems
You may choose to have us fix some or all of the problems found by the SQL Server health check or you may prefer to have your own team do the work. in either case there will be detailed information from the SQL Server health check to guide the process.
What is Included in a SQL Server Health Check?
Here are some of the many points that a SQL Server Health Check covers.
SQL Server Performance
- Identify badly performing code and ways to improve it.
- Identify hardware bottlenecks
- Identify blocking or deadlocking activities
- Identify database and/or application design issues.
SQL Server Configuration
- Confirm that your SQL Server is installed and configured correctly
- Confirm that your hardware resources are adequate and configured correctly
SQL Server Security
- Assess your vulnerability to sql injection and other attacks
- Suggest security best practices in relation to your needs
SQL Server Disaster Recovery Plan
- Design bulletproof backup plan
- Suggest high availability options to keep your database on-line when a failure occurs.
Scalability of Your SQL Server Installation
- Evaluate the ability of your current system to scale to projected levels.
If the SQL Server Health Check finds a problem, do you fix it?
We first report the issue to you with an estimate of the time it might take to fix it. You can decide how much or how little you would like us to do. We can also advise and assist your own staff in fixing the problem if you prefer.
Can a SQL Server Health Check be done remotely?
A SQL Server health check can be done remotely or we can come to your site according to your preference.